Friday, March 6, 2009

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Last night, I invited my dear pal Linda over to pick a classic movie we could watch while eating tasty artery clogging pizza.

She chose "Gone with the wind".

and it went on for AGES.

It was so long! There was an intermission ( which I fast-forwarded) quickly followed by me having to "flip the disc".

The colours were gorgeous though. But the characters were awful. Especially that Miss Scarlett. She's a mean little minx. A selfish woman who got what was coming to her.

I can't see why this was labelled on the back as one of the greatest movies of all time. The characters are moaning, melodramatic women stuffed in tight corsets and huge fluffy gowns.

The only honour you could find was in a character named Melanie who is completley unselfish.

I don't know about this movie at all. But I doubt I will watch it any time soon, unless I decide to read it.

1 comment:

Death By Fixative said...

Wait so did you watch the whole movie? The title made me think hey Karen posted a blog! I am also envious that you had artery clogging pizza. You know I tried to read that book and I just couldn't, it was painful, really really painful.